I am super confident that you will love these pumpkin cookies! They are a hit whenever I serve them. If you are looking for an easy and tasteful pumpkin cookies recipe then you are in the right place!
Tips for making Chocolate Chips Pumpkin Cookies
- Homemade pumpkin puree: you don’t have to add anything extra to it other than the pumpkin. Just cut the pumpkin in smaller pieces/slices, add it into the oven, wait until it’s baked and voila! I prefer use it as it is without adding sugar, salt or other extras.
- Use room temperature ingredients for a better binding
- Give it time: no matter how delicious are when you take them warm from the oven, you should now that their flavor it’s amplifying in time and the texture feels better when they are already at room temperature
How to store the chocolate chips pumpkin cookies
Due to ingredients like butter and eggs the cookies don’t store well beyond 3 days but this shouldn’t worry you. They will be long gone by that time.
You should know though that freezing the cookies or the dough works perfectly and this way you could storage them for 1-3 months.
- ½ cup (140 grams) of pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup (70 grams) of white sugar
- ⅓ cup (70 grams) of brown sugar
- 2 tbs (30 grams) of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla flavor/essence
- 1 cup (110 grams) of flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon or season spices mix
- 1 ½ cup (140 grams) of old fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup (100 grams) of chocolate chips
- Prepare a bowl and add the pumpkin puree in together with the sugar and the butter and mix them together
- Add the room temperature egg, the vanilla essence and the powder ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and seasonal spices like cinnamon, nutmeg or mixed spices)
- Mix into the composition until all the ingredients have bind together
- Blend in fashioned rolled oats and mix until incorporated
- Add over the final mixture the chocolate chips (you can replace then with cranberries as well or excluded them)
- Arrange them on the tray by placing a scoop of batter and gently pressure it with a fork (the height of a sample shouldn’t be more than 1 cm – see video)
- Place the tray into the oven for 18 minutes at 355 Fahrenheit/180 Celsius degrees
- Enjoy your chocolate chips pumpkin cookies!